Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Change

One morning I prayed.
I didn't know what I wanted.
I didn't even know where to start.
I just prayed.
Prayed and talked about what I didn't want,
And what scared me.

Slowly it came to me,
Through this conversation with my God.
The thing I was most afraid of,
Was what I wanted.
Something that had haunted me time and again.
Had been my tormentor.
Little did I know it would be the catalyst,
That started the rest of my life.

I prayed for change.
A change in myself,
And a change in what I wanted.

Strength,
Determination,
Beauty,
Compassion,
Love,
Caring,
Peace.

Some of these,
I already had.
Some needed changing.
Others I didn't have at all.
And so I prayed.

It is funny,
How God gives us what we want.
Even though the journey is not what we expect.

That summer,
For many of us,
Was just this side of Hell.
God was teaching me.
Teaching me that I was not with the right person.
This was not the person I prayed for.
She took me on a ride.
One that would leave marks,
But without hurt, there is no chance to heal.
And Learn.

And then with the subtleness,
That only God can have,
My prayers were answered.
He showed me who I needed.
And for once,
I had eyes to see.

Our path together began.

Little was I prepared
For what lay ahead.
So much learning,
So much growing,
So much love.

I stand in awe.

Marks were turned into lessons.
The veil was lifted.
Love took me by surprise.

The woman I prayed for,
Began to unlock,
Things in me I didn't know I had.
Aspects buried deep,
Never nurtured,
Until she came.

Strength,
Determination,
Beauty,
Compassion,
Love,
Caring,
Peace.

She taught me Strength
She taught me Determination.
She improved everything else.
Through her,
I found a Peace I never dreamed,
Could one day come to me.

Only through learning about myself,
Could I be the best person to her.

Only through learning from her,
Could I break away and find myself.
And be proud of who I had become.
Prayer,

Change,

Peace.

All that I am is yours, my love.
May you always be my inspiration.


Slainte,

Kevin

6 comments:

MariClaire said...

ohmygosh! That was SO beautiful! I'm literally crying...thanks. :p

Stacia said...

What a poet you are. I take it you and Jen had a really great itme that night. :) Beautiful.

Jay said...

well done well done.

Cheers
Jay

Anonymous said...

Gave me goosebumps Kevin.
Love,
TWSM-in-law

Jacks said...

My husband needs to read this and learn.

I was surprised to see your caulking tip on my blog. Thanks! It will completely help.

Good to hear from you. You're a good person Kevin. You always have been.

MariClaire said...

Okay, you write one awesome blog & you think that gives you an excuse to take a 3-month vacation?! :p I miss seeing you guys...we should get together soon. -MC