Sunday, December 9, 2007

Work and a Recipe

Greetings,

Well, here I go with another post. To start with, I am officially out of a job. My company restructured my position and it no longer fit my needs. My last day was December 1. On the whole it is a relief to be gone from that place. I wish the theatre nothing but the best, but I am glad to not be working there.

Drama Drama is in full swing, but on hold. The big conversation is going to be had at a different time. Won't that make Christmas fun!!!

As far as recipes go, I have a couple to post here and one I need to figure out the measures for. That is the interesting bit about my cooking. I usually don't measure my ingredients except by sight or feel. Makes it hard to write it down. The first is a seafood pasta sauce. All of the canned seafood I found at Trader Joe's for a reasonable price and comes in the same size as tuna cans. Make sure the salmon package says boneless, otherwise you will get the back bone and some ribs to pick out.


2 cans whole baby clams, drained

2 cans crab meat, drained

1 can boneless, skinless salmon, drained

1lb prawns, deveined and peeled

1 cup whole milk

1 28oz can crushed tomatoes

8-10 cloves garlic, crushed

Cayenne pepper

Kosher Salt

Fresh ground pepper

Fresh grated Parmisan cheese

Pour tomatoes and juice into a sauté pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce the liquid until you have a thick paste, stirring every few minutes. It will take about 10 minutes or so to reduce. In a large sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add clams, sauté for 3 minutes, then add crab, salmon, and prawns. Season with cayenne pepper to taste. Cook until prawns are orange. Add tomatoes from the other pan and the milk. Stir to combine.

The tomatoes should mix with the milk to form the sauce that holds the seafood together. Keep over the heat only long enough for the milk and tomatoes to heat through, 2-3 minutes. If the sauce is not as creamy as you would like it, add more milk until it is.

Spoon over your favorite pasta and top with the cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.



Again let me know how it goes. Take care all.

Slainte,

Kevin

No comments: